Our commitment to the environment and our community:
It’s not just the product you use; it’s the culture you create, the people you employ, and the practices you take home at the end of the day. Being a positive influence on the earth starts with cultivating a consistently sustainable attitude. If you start with the right attitude, everything else falls into place.
Since our company started in 1994, we have been committed to using local suppliers for fish, meat, and vegetables. We didn’t adapt our business model to be green — we pioneered it for catering in the film industry. Our green initiatives are something we do because it tastes better and it supports our values.
Edible Planet is an original member of the Green Table Network, a Vancouver-based social enterprise with an innovative program to help restaurants and food service operators do more for the environment and the community.
We are proud to be a founding caterer with the Ocean Wise program in providing sustainable and ocean-friendly seafood choices. As a company dedicated to sustainability, we do not serve farmed salmon as we believe the wild product is of a superior quality, and want to support our local fishing industry.
For almost two decades, we have been supporting Farm Folk City Folk, a not for profit society that works to cultivate a local, sustainable food system. Their projects provide access to & protection of food-lands, support local growers and producers, and engage communities in the celebration of local food.
- We use only non medicated poultry and meats
- We serve only OceanWise certified fish
- We support and purchase from local vegetable farmers (like Earth Apple Farm)
- We create our menus around seasonal product
- We serve organic local roasted coffee
- We compost all organic matter
- We recycle bottles, cans, paper and cardboard
- We don't support small disposable water bottles, instead we make large refillable water and juice jugs available for the crew
- We provide only compostable plates, cutlery, cups, and take-aways
Want to know everything we do? Download our PDF for production use.